September 26, 2018
1.Neuropathological explanation of minimal COVID-19 infection rate in newborns, infants and children – a mystery so far. New insight into the role of Substance P. J Neurol Sci. 2021 Jan 15;420:117276.V
Author: Mehboob R, Lavezzi AM.
2. Future Impacts of COVID-19 Infection on Pakistani Population. Annals of King Edward Medical University. 2020 Jul 9;26(Special Issue):107-8.
Author: • Mehboob R, Kabir M, Gilani SA, Ahmad FJ.
3. Diagnosis and Treatment of Cytokine Storming as a Management of COVID-19 Infection. Annals of King Edward Medical University. 2020 Jul 11;26(Special Issue):214-7.
Author: • Kabir M, Mehboob R, Gilani SA, Ahmad FJ.
4. Gender based Differences in COVID-19 patients: Gender based Differences in COVID-19 patients. Pakistan BioMedical Journal, 3(2).
Author: Mumtaz, S. U. ., Iqtadar, S. ., Abaidullah, S. ., Gondal, . K. M. ., Hassan, A., Khan, A. A. ., Ahmad, F. J. ., & Akram, J. (2021).
1. Annals of King Edward Medical University. 2018 Mar 26;24(1):605-9.
Author: Mehboob R, Perveen S, Ahmed N. Spectrum of benign breast lesions in a tertiary care hospital of Lahore.
2. Role of neurotransmitter Substance P in progression of oral squamous cell carcinoma. Pathology-Research and Practice. 2015 Mar 1;211(3):203-7.
Author: Mehboob R,Tanvir I, Warraich RA, Perveen S, Yasmeen S, Ahmad FJ.
3. Hospital-based study of epithelial malignancies of endometrial cancer frequency in Lahore, Pakistan, and common diagnostic pitfalls. Pathology research international. 2014;2014,
Author: Tanvir I, Riaz S, Hussain A, Mehboob R, Shams MU, Khan HA.
4. Pathological Assessment of Breast Carcinoma Specimens Undergoing Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy. Asian Journal of Allied Health Sciences (AJAHS).Vol. 03 Issue03 Jul-Sep 2018
5. Iron deficiency and risk of oral squamous cell carcinoma. Pakistan BioMedical Journal. 2021 Mar 24.
Author: Tanvir I, Khan RU, Hassan A, Mumtaz SU.
6. Prognostic Signicance of Cellular Iron Metabolism in Breast Cancer: Iron Metabolism in breast cancer. Pakistan BioMedical Journal. 2018 Jul 1.
Author: Khan RU, Hassan A, Tanvir I, Ehsan K.
7. Methyl donor S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) supplementation attenuates breast cancer growth, invasion, and metastasis in vivo; therapeutic and chemopreventive applications. Oncotarget. 2018 Jan 12;9(4):5169.
Author: Mahmood N, Cheishvili D, Arakelian A, Tanvir I, Khan HA, Pépin AS, Szyf M, Rabbani SA.
1. Maternal Mortality Ratio in Low Income Developing Countries. In: Global Women’s Health, 2021 Feb 11. IntechOpen.
Author: Mehboob R, Gilani SA, Khalid S, Hassan A, Alwazzan A
2. Substantia nigra abnormalities provide new insight on the neural mechanisms underlying the sleep-arousal phase dysfunctions in sudden infant death syndrome. ASN neuro. 2020 Sep;12:1759091420962695.
Author: Lavezzi AM, Mehboob R, Alfonsi G, Ferrero S.
3. Substance P/neurokinin 1 and trigeminal system: a possible link to the pathogenesis in sudden perinatal deaths. Frontiers in neurology. 2017 Mar 13;8:82.
Author: Mehboob R.
4. Towards better understanding of the pathogenesis of neuronal respiratory network in sudden perinatal death. Frontiers in neurology. 2017 Jul 6;8:320. doi:
Author: Mehboob R, Kabir M, Ahmed N, Ahmad FJ.
5. Developmental alterations of the spinal trigeminal nucleus disclosed by substance P immunohistochemistry in fetal and infant sudden unexplained deaths. Neuropathology. 2011 Aug;31(4):405-13.
Author: Lavezzi AM, Mehboob R, Matturri L.
6. Neuropathology of the intermediolateral nucleus of the spinal cord in sudden unexplained perinatal and infant death. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2010 Apr;28(2):133-8.
Author: Lavezzi AM, Corna MF, Mehboob R, Matturri L.
7. Elevated Neurokinin-1 Receptor Expression in Uterine Products of Conception Is Associated With First Trimester Miscarriages. Front Physiol. 2020 Dec 18;11:554766.
Author: Alwazzan A, Mehboob R, Hassan A, Perveen S, Sadaf, Gilani SA, Ahmad FJ, Tanvir I, Babar ME, Tariq MA, Ali G, Akram SJ, Khan RU, Akram J.
8. Immunohistochemical Expression of the Alpha Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor 7 in the Human Normal, Diabetic, and Preeclamptic Placenta and Products of Conception. Front Physiol. 2020 Nov 25;11:607239.
Author: Alwazzan A, Mehboob R, Gilani SA, Hassan A, Perveen S, Tanvir I, Waseem H, Ehsan K, Ahmad FJ, Akram J.
9. Neurochemical Alterations in Sudden Unexplained Perinatal Deaths-A Review. Front Pediatr. 2018 Jan 25;6:6.
Author: Muhammad N, Sharif M, Amin J, Mehboob R, Gilani SA, Bibi N, Javed H, Ahmed N.
1. Deranged biochemical and hematological profile of septicemia patients in Mayo hospital, Lahore.
Author: Mehboob R, Mumtaz SU, Manzoor Z, Abaidullah S, Ahmad FJ.
2. Nosocomial infections and their control strategies. Asian pacific journal of tropical biomedicine. 2015 Jul 1;5(7):509-14.
Author: Khan HA, Ahmad A, Mehboob R.
3. Variation in regional distribution of multiple sclerosis plaques in Pakistani and Canadadian nation. Annals of King Edward Medical University. 2014;20(4):340-.
Author: Zaidi NR, Ahmad MW, Mehboob R.
4. Multiple sclerosis lesions on magnetic resonance imaging, their characterization and pathological correlation with musculoskeletal disability in Pakistanis. Asian Biomedicine. 2017 Mar 31;10(6):567-74.
Author: Zaidi NR, Ahmad MW, Mehboob R.
5. Risk factors for multiple sclerosis in Pakistani population- A cross-sectional study, Punjab Univ. J. Zool., Vol. 31 (2), pp. 177-180, 2016. 78-PUJZ-61023250/16/0177-0180
Author: Nasir Raza Zaidi1 , Mian Waheed Ahmad1 , Mahesh Gautam1 , Riffat Mehboob2
6. Hypertesion and Low Birth Weight Babies in Females Sterilized with Quinacrine in Faisalabad from 1995 to 2005. Annals of King Edward Medical University. 2013;19(4):317-.
Author: Afzal S, Mehboob R, Bukhari MH.
7. Diagnostic accuracy of carotid intima media thickness by B-mode ultrasonography in coronary artery disease patients. Archives of Medical Sciences. Atherosclerotic Diseases. 2020;5:e79.
Author: Zaidi NR, Gilani SA, Mehboob R, Waseem H, Hassan A.
8. Sonographic Presentation of the Geyser Sign. Case reports in medicine. 2019 Oct 31;2019.
Author: Gilani SA, Mehboob R, Bacha R, Gilani A, Manzoor I.
9. Serotype distribution and demographics of dengue patients in a tertiary hospital of Lahore, Pakistan during the 2011 epidemic. Walailak Journal of Science and Technology (WJST). 2013 Mar 14;10(3):305-14.
Author: Munir M, Mehboob R, Naeem S, Salman M, Ahmed S, Qureshi IH, Cheema TM, Laeeq A, Sultan A, Choudhry N, Khan AA
10. Hypertesion and Low Birth Weight Babies in Females Sterilized with Quinacrine in Faisalabad from 1995 to 2005. Annals of King Edward Medical University. 2013;19(4):317-.
Author: Afzal S, Mehboob R, Bukhari MH.
11. Predictors for severity of dengue infection during early days of infection. Walailak Journal of Science and Technology (WJST). 2012 Dec 10;9(4):369-74.
Author: Mehboob R, Syed AS, Bukhari MH, Khan AA, Ahmad FJ.
12. Pattern and Ocular Trend of Retinoblastoma and Treatment Option in Our Hospital. Annals of King Edward Medical University. 2012;18(4):396
Author: Khan AA, Mehboob R, Bukhari MH.
13. Extensively drug-resistant (XDR) typhoid: evolution, prevention, and its management. BioMed Research International. 2020 May 2;2020.
Author: Akram J, Khan AS, Khan HA, Gilani SA, Akram SJ, Ahmad FJ, Mehboob R.
14. Current Status of Neurology and Neuroscience Research in Pakistan. Annals of King Edward Medical University, 23(3).
Author: Ahmad, A., Ashraf, S., & Mehboob, R. (2017).
15. Barriers Faced by Mothers in Completion of EPI. Punjab University Journal of Zoology. 2019;34(1):215.
Author: Bukhari SB, Khalid S, Bashir S, Mehboob R, Waseem H
16. Radiology imaging equipment and accessories as possible Fomites of Nosocomial pathogens (Doctoral dissertation, Cape Peninsula University of Technology).
Author: Adomako IA.
17. Effects of tenekil plus, an organochlorine, on development of chick. Punjab University Journal of Zoology (Pakistan). 2005.
Author: Mehboob R, Quaid-e-Azam Campus LP, Andleeb S, Quaid-e-Azam Campus LP.